Friday, June 05, 2015

Last Day at FMS

There's a breakfast at Fridley Middle School this morning and staff who are leaving are recognized. I don't think I can make it. I'm an ugly crier when it comes to goodbyes and I don't want to show that face in public.

I've been there for eight years and loved it. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to work with the staff there and I am grateful to have made life-long friends at work.

Most of all, I am going to miss the day-to-day interactions with the kids in the autism program. Every single one of them taught me something about life and about being a human being. I am so grateful I had the fortunate chance to get to know these kids, and that their parents trusted our program with their children. The staff in the autism program at Fridley has made it a really good place to send a child to school. I have learned a lot from my fellow teachers and special education staff.

I hope my next job is half as rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment