Sunday, April 24, 2005

Can you feel the rage?

Angry shoes

Miss Tikka has been a terrible, terrible, terrible two year old today. The climax of the tearful day came just before supper when Mr. and Mrs. Bickerson thought it would be fun to go for a walk. The walk ended 10 minutes after it began with Tikka in full-blown tantrum dragging her sparkle shoes under her trike pedals as Mr. Bickerson pushed her home. I'm going to keep these awful shoes to present to her when she comes to me some day with child-rearing issues of her own. (Oh boy, I think I just turned into my mom in that last sentence.) Forget dog barking ordinances; I'm afraid the neighbors are going to call the city to report nuisance crying coming from our house. If giving her a big bowl of ice cream every time she cried wouldn't condition her permanently to cry all of the time for ice cream, I'd give it to her in a heartbeat because at this stage nothing shuts down her crying like a big ice cream sundae.

But of course I would be stupid to do that so I'm crying now, too, but I have a better reason. And that is? I can't have my Arrested Development fix tonight. And there's nothing on worth watching. Please HBO, bring on the next season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, would you? We're this close to canceling you.

I suppose I could pick up a book.

But wait!

Giant mutated bug plague story on CBS? Color me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment