Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Can you see it?

I bought a suitcase full of makeup ("Fashion Boutique!") at Costco for Hope which will be the big gift from Santa this year. The girl loves her some lipgloss, okay? So I needed to hide the loot in the garage until the big day. Mr. Bickerson put it up way high on a shelf where she would never notice it.

This morning we're all buckled up in the van and ready to go.

What's that pink thing, Mommy?

IMG_2359

IMG_2358

Um, that's nothing, pumpkin. Just some tools your cousin Anson forgot to take home, I think.

(You heard me right. Your 23 year-old boy cousin keeps his tools in a stripey pink suitcase.)


People, do you see how screwed I am when it comes to thinking fast to keep up with my kids? (I had to ask Mr. Bickerson if that was the correct phrase: thinking on your feet. And he rolled his eyes and said, Yeah. And then I said, Wow. What is that? That was a meta-..., a meta-somthing. And he said, Yeah. That was a meta-somethin', alright.)

No comments:

Post a Comment