Monday, February 06, 2006

20 years ago today

I met my Prince Charming at The Deadwood in Iowa City. I'm pretty sure that it didn't have a website in 1986.

I was born in 1965 and the year before that was the same year that the Rodgers and Hammerstein version of Cinderella was first shown on TV. For many years as a kid I waited for my annual birthday present: the TV airing of that particular Cinderella. I thought it was on TV every year for my birthday. When I grew up I let go of some of the egocentricity (only some) and accepted that it was on not for my birthday but for Valentine's Day. Before I figured that out I told my mom that I would marry Prince Charming (aka Stuart Damon) some day. Years passed and I forgot all about that until Gary and I became engaged and my mom reminded me what I told her when I was little. Turns out some little girls' dreams really do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment