Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Validation

It feels good to have one of my sometimes maybe irrational fears validated by objective outside sources.

I don't think I've had a complete night's sleep since Hank was born, with the exception of the three nights of morphine bliss I enjoyed when I had encephalitis. I get up a minimum of two times per night to check out noises and make sure the doors haven't accidentally come unlocked in the middle of the night. The noises usually turn out to be nature related and harmless. But I'm the checker-outer. Mr. B. thinks I'm looney about these fears. And even though I know there is really only about a 2% chance of something bad happening in the middle of the night I have to get up and make sure the house is safe.

Cut to our remodeling project. Our builder has suggested a TRAP DOOR in our new addition. YES! A trap door to hide stuff or PEOPLE in case of some kind of disaster or attack. Isn't that awesome?

Poor Gary hates how this kind of thing just encourages me.

No comments:

Post a Comment