Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chinese school report

As I was packing up my supplies for choir practice tonight Hope took a break from her recommended daily allowance of Spongebob Squarepants to glance my way and announce that it was rude of me to take my cellphone to choir.

"It is? How will I be notified when your brother decides to ride his skateboard off the roof of the house if I don't have my phone with me? Besides, I set it to 'vibrate' so it doesn't make noise if someone calls me. Who told you this?"

"My teacher. Wang Laoshi."

I left in a hurry for choir. I guess I will have to wait until sunrise to find out if this information was delivered in Mandarin.

(Aside: Weirdly (to me) there was a lot of cellphone ringing during rehearsal tonight. We never hear any phones. Tonight there were three. WTH?)

No comments:

Post a Comment