Thursday, September 30, 2010

Working hard on anxiety

Woke up at 3 this morning and was surprised by the absence of anxiety so -- it took some doing -- but I managed to drudge up a satisfying number of irrational thoughts on which to ruminate: shoulder pain, report due, meetings at school, busy weekend ahead, bagging on my running partners and forgetting to tell one of them about the change in my plans, then guilt about that.

Sometimes I have to pretty work hard to come up with things to be worried about when I should be trying to focus on all of good that surrounds me: Gary, Hank, Hope, extended family, house, dog, friends, jobs, gas for the car, food for the table, health, riding lawn mower, etc. This time of year I have to remind myself I am a glass half full type of girl.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE a glass half-full type of girl. Don't let the demons taunt you!

    ReplyDelete