Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I might be biased


I mentioned in an earlier post that commuting with Hope and working in her school on Tuesdays and Thursdays has been an incredible blessing. I have learned things about her that I wouldn't have known otherwise. And now I have a cohort -- my SLP coworker, Laura. Hope loves to share stories and details about her life with Laura. For example (according to my coworker) Hope had quite the involved dream last night: a wolf, a chase, a foot amputation, Hope still able to climb the slide in spite of the amputation, etc., etc. She never tells me this stuff!

What did come out of her mouth the other day to me was, "You have to admit it, Mom. I am a little bit doughy." Huh? What? Huh? The story emerged that there has been chat at school about who is thin and who is not thin.

Hope and I went shopping for pants for her last night after swim practice because her legs are as long as her booty is, well, booty-licous. We got some nice pants for her and she looks great in them. But it still bothers me that there is talk in 3rd grade about who is thin and who is not thin. I'm opposed to that type of chat.

Anyway. Hope, have a look at that picture at the top of this post. You are the most beautiful girl your dad and I have ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. I have loved Hope from the second I met her. My heart literally hurts over the fact that 3rd grade girls are talking about body types, but I guess it's inevitable. Hope is lovely, she's the spitting image of her beautiful mommy.

    I have a feeling, though, that whatever she's faced with, Hope will handle with more aplomb and grace than most of us 4 times her age could muster. I ♥ that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending good juju that these types of things continue to roll off her back like water off a duck. having strong female role models in her life, like you, sure doesn't hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete