Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The basics

Tikka is working on the power of persuasive speech. This morning she greeted me at 5:45 a.m. with, "You gonna make pancakes for bekfast, okay? Okay? Okay? Okay? (Nodding her head the whole time.) Yesterday she wanted to know if her favorite friend was going to be at the gym. "Kelly will be there? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?" Nodding, nodding, nodding. If I don't give her the answer that she wants to hear there is a 90% chance that there will be gnashing of teeth, wailing, drooling, flinging self to floor, etc.

Spidey helped me fold laundry today. He made several neat piles of dishtowels, rags, and underwear and put them all away. Most of the time he's wearing a superhero costume and so I like to pay Batman or Spiderman (occasionally Superman) a quarter for doing such mundane work around the house. I'm sure he has more important things to do. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment