Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mick Jagger is in the news

We had tickets to see The Rolling Stones in Ames, Iowa in 1989. We were living in Sioux Falls, South Dakota while I completed a music therapy internship at McKennan Hospital. Mr. Bickerson and I put our dog in a kennel and left town on Friday around 5 p.m. We drove about four hours to Rockwell City, Iowa to meet up with friends John and Joleen, and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. The drive from Sioux Falls to northwest Iowa at night was a dull and long drive so we were happy to get to our friend's house and relax for awhile. We were all set to spend the night there and leave for Ames in the morning.

But wait. Where are the concert tickets?

Mr. Bickerson left six Rolling Stone tickets on the kitchen table back in Sioux Falls.

It was a loooooooooonnnnnngggg drive back. My sister-in-law and I braved the eight hours in the car to retrieve the tickets.

It was a good concert but I wouldn't say it was worth driving 12 hours between South Dakota and Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment