Thursday, June 02, 2005

Do your duty

Went out on break tonight from dog training with my fellow puppy owners and their puppies. We have a scheduled break and we're supposed to encourage our dogs to relieve themselves in the designated area. It feels so demeaning to bend down and tell one's pup to "do your duty!" or "do your business!" in a cutesy voice. Isn't it bad enough I have to carry my dog's poop around in a plastic bag everywhere I go? I will not say it and give oodles of praise for my dog taking a dump. I'll do a lot of things but I will not stoop to that one. If Peggy has to poop or pee she can do it without me making a fool of myself.

As far as the housetraining goes, Peggy's got it. She has not had one accident inside since the second week I had her. Now Tikka, on the other hand, runs around most of the day with many verbal prompts from me and her brother to go sit on the toilet.

"I don't have to, Mommy! I SAID I DON'T HAVE TO PEE!" (She wants to tell me to f@!$-off; I can see it in her eyes.)

And, of course, there's Tikka pee all over this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment