Friday, December 30, 2005

Something missing

Something's been bothering me for the past few days. I couldn't quite figure out what it was. Was it something I lost, never had, or forgot? Was it a bad dream I had had that I couldn't remember the details to but was just left feeling crappy? Was it post-Christmas ennui?

The mystery was solved on our drive home from our Iowa visit when Mr. Bickerson popped in a CD he had made of some of my brother's music.

CONVOY! By C. W. McCall

I had forgotten how much I loved that song and now I think the kids love it, too.

Tragedy (The Bee Gees) was on the same CD. We discovered, on the ride back, that you cannot play that song too loud. It's just not possible.

1 comment:

  1. You have to buy the C. W. McCall version of Convey on Napster, but there is a Boxcar Willie version.

    ReplyDelete