Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bathing Peggy

Hope and I took Peggy to the vet last night because she's been chewing her paws like a crazy person and scratching herself for hours the past several days. The vet diagnosed seasonal (probably) allergies. He prescribed antibiotics for an infected scratch site, fish oil capsules for her skin, Benadryl, and an oatmeal shampoo that you lather up on her and let soak for 10 minutes.

And then she's better?

You'll need to give her the oatmeal bath daily for the next two weeks.

Exsqueeze me?

I hardly ever see to it that the kids bathe. The main reason we put them in swim lessons is so that they get a semi-regular dunk in the chlorine.

Bathe my dog every day for the next two weeks? The guy must be delusional.

(But she sits in the corner and scratches as I type. We had bath #1 this morning. It didn't kill me and she seemed to enjoy it. Okay then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment