Sunday, September 24, 2006

Facing the music

Marathon number 10 will have to wait. I'm just too ill-prepared to expect to finish on time and be ready to sing. There were five inspirational stories about marathon participants in the Star Tribune this morning. One runner experienced the lack of motivation I have experienced the past year and described how he finished just ahead of the sweeper vehicle in 2004. I don't want that to be me. I want to run the next one with a decent amount of training and a deficit of bunion pain. I am sad about being a quitter. Nevertheless, I will be cheering on Mary, Adam, and Jen here in Minnesota, and Arnold in Cali.

It's not all sad. Look what Mr. Bickerson found in the garden to cheer me up: Jimmy Eggplante, the last (probably) gift from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment