Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First for her; last for me


She was happy and ready to get on that bus this morning and even more so after I relieved her previously unspoken concern that her bus driver would only speak Mandarin to her.

He speaks English, Hope.

She sat right down in the seat behind the driver and waved bye to me. As he pulled away from the curb I saw her grasp the back of his seat with her two little hands, lean forward and start chatting with him with a big smile on her face. My tears surprised me later when I saw my friend at Hank's bus stop. It's been very quiet here today and the hammering in the kitchen sounds a little lonesome.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Don't worry. It will get really loud between 3:00 and 8:00 pm. I can't wait to hear about Hope's experience.

    ReplyDelete