Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Captain Morgan at the DNC

Gary had a calculus tutor in college who was a big Captain Morgan fan. He was a great guy. He was a funny, funny guy who had found his niche and a way to make a living in order to live in a college town in perpetuity. We envied him. But that's not my point. My point is that this article confirms my suspicions that political conventions are, in part, big drunk fests. I may have mentioned that my best friend and I attended the 1980 Iowa Republican Convention in Iowa when Reagan was nominated. We ate pizza on the floor of the hotel hallway where we were staying. And some fellow student delegate BOYS passed some notes under our hotel room door! We weren't drinking anything but the whole atmosphere was PARTY-TIME for the adult delegates. It felt SCANDALOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment