Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Running on empty


Ha ha. Ooh, that's a clever title. See, my GPS device was out of juice for the run this morning. So I was "running on empty" just like the song. Get it? Get it?

We actually had a good run but I've become a little bit too excited about putting my data -- my s.l.o.w. running data -- on my computer when I get home. So there's a hole in the calendar for 2/18/09. I'll get over it, I suppose.

Speaking of running, you know how I like to talk about food all of the time? Having a southern girl running buddy makes for delicious conversation about food every morning. While I miss not having Andrea around every day so we can plan our next trip to the the nearest pasta bar/manicotti buffet, listening to Emily tell me all about red velvet cupcakes, cheesy grits souffle, and chocolate sauce-covered biscuits for breakfast takes the sting out of being awake and running on icy sidewalks at 5 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. So, here's the recipe...

    Chocolate "Gravy"

    1 c sugar
    2T cocoa
    1 1/2 T flour
    1 1/2 c water

    MIX sugar+cocoa+flour in saucepan. ADD water. Bring to boil (whisk to keep smooth). SIMMER to desired thickness.
    Pour generously over hot buttermilk biscuits!
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete