Monday, April 27, 2009

It was fun? Yes.

Okay so I think I have recovered enough from our Bike Ride From Hell yesterday to give you a taste of just how much fun we had. And how close we all were to tearing our clothes off due to the delirium of hypothermia.

First of all, it took a total of three nanoseconds for our group to say ixnay to the 65-mile ride. 30 it would be. A 30-mile bike ride is nothin', right?

Well, right. When the weather is decent.

The weather was indecent. Rude and indecent, actually.

We had it all: cold drizzle, hard rain, thunder, a little lightning!, more cold, hard rain, chubby rain, sleet, crying (that was my cousin Shawn), frozen feet, squishy shoes full of water, Gortex gloves that weighed 50 pounds from all the water they soaked up.

It was delightful.

Kidding aside, it was a hoot. There's a lot of fun to be had in suffering through stinky weather conditions with friends. Already we are looking forward to more rides this summer and next year's Ironman torture.

1 comment:

  1. Holy buckets..nice work.

    I was wondering if you guys did it as I looked out my window and saw nothing but rain.

    Way to go.

    ReplyDelete