Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I live!

I Googled "acupressure points for sinus pain" and (not joking) was this close -- this close! -- to sticking pin needles in my face to alleviate the pain in my head.

At work yesterday, after increasing pressure in the head to the degree of such severity that it hurt to bend over, and then onset of chills, I asked the school nurse to take my temp. Fever City. Called my doctor who told me to take "as much Sudafed and Ibuprofen as you can swallow," which I did every 4-6 hours. And today? I'm high as a kite on Sudafed but I am not dead. Nor has my head exploded. (I actually put an ice pack on my head last night to reduce the obvious swelling that was causing pain.)

I'll take encephalitis head pain over this sinus head pain any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment