Thursday, August 18, 2011

Speaking of Foreign Languages

The Sanskrit terms for yoga poses are always confusing and 17 syllables long. All the vowels are /a/ as in "hot." There's very little hope of me learning the names so I guess that's partly why I go to the hot class. It's always the same. Never changes. The names might be unintelligible to me but it's easy to memorize the series of poses.

Anyway it's so hot in there sometimes you don't even understand half the English.

Which is why I went home and considered googling "inner stripper" after a recent class. The instructor said it twice, "Find your inner stripper," in the context of a pose.

A pose where you stick your butt out as far as you can.

Oh. That stripper.

It's hard to get all the jokes in class when it's 105ยบ in there.




No comments:

Post a Comment