Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Automated voice response

Just got off the phone with the automated voice help at the newspaper. Is it just me or does everyone else feel as ridiculous talking to a computer with a nice voice and a casual speaking style? One reason I don't like it is it stinks if you are making a call from a home filled with loud kids. The background sounds in the kitchen interfere lots of times and the computer starts over. Do the companies that use these systems think some people believe they are talking to a real person? My computerized helper was pretty laid back: Let me see if I've got it. Okay! Got it. The icing on the cake was after the voice said Now hang on just a second while I update your information and it was followed by totally fakey typing-on-keyboard sounds. I would really rather talk to an angry and profane REAL person any day.

1 comment:

  1. Amen..

    Love reading your postings... always brings me a smile :)

    -Leo-

    ReplyDelete