Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bunion from hell

My mother and mother-in-law warned me that one day the Johnson/Weeks Bunion Curse would make itself known to me. My flat feet have served me well for 41 years but now the curse that had lain dormant is ALIVE. This morning it was all inflamed and hurty after icing it last night. I made an appointment with a podiatrist so he can prepare me for the foot transplant I'm sure I'll have to have.

What's interesting to me is that I seem to be following the same illness/injury path as my husband's college roommate, Mark. He had encephalitis and meningitis; I had encephalitis/meningitis. He had gout in his gnarly toe joint; I may have gout in my gnarly toe. I'm left to wonder when and where I will be breaking my back in a bar fight. 'Cause it's bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment