Monday, May 07, 2007

Reason 478 Why the Internets are Great

I was emailed recently by an elementary school friend -- long lost. He found me by searching my college alumni website. Hank's in first grade now and although I can't remember my first grade teacher's name I have fond memories of my classmate, the author of this blog: Stranded in Iowa.

Was I ever as little as Hank or Hope? Was there ever a time when my only worries were walking to and from school every day, with the occasional multiplication tables homework sheet? And deciding whose yard we would play after school each day?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! And yes...wasn't childhood great when we were in elementary school?

    Deciding whose yard to play in...I remember playing many football games in a big yard across the street from your house. Everyone just kind of "showed up" and our moms then had a daily dilemma of how to get out all the grass stains!

    ReplyDelete