Monday, June 25, 2007

Feeling like a failure

Went to the dentist this morning and Hank has one cavity on a permanent tooth and one on a baby tooth. Hope has two cavities, each on a baby tooth.

I'm trying to console myself by dwelling on the fact that Gary and I both have lots of cavity fillings so it must be genetic and not that I've skipped the toothbrushing battle at night one too many times after the kids have eaten their weight in fruit roll-ups. Right?

In more humorous news, Hank sprayed his armpits with concentrated Christmas Tree room spray this morning so that he would feel fresh and festive at his dental appointment.

(Hindsight is 20/20; the title of this post was a foreshadowing, wasn't it?)

1 comment:

  1. Totally genetic!!! Of course, I have the guilt of having breastfed my kids, therefore not having given them fluoridated water in the formula. How's that for a catch-22? Funny story - Rachel had about $700 work done on a baby tooth that she lost less than 1 month later.

    ReplyDelete