Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two signs

Ready for some complaining? I'm 42. That's not exactly OLD (although it was when my parents and their friends were 42) but God gave me two signs today that it's time to start "planning for retirement."

1.) I got out of the van at Byerlys to buy the 40-count bag of pizza rolls needed for tomorrow's Y-camp cook-out. (I know: Pizza rolls? At a cook-out? WTF? [I always wanted to type that, by the way.]) When I stepped out of the car I felt a sudden pain in the back of my knee and limped my way through the store. It's only a little better now with 600 mg of ibuprofen in me, but I are certain that if you step out of a car and twist your knee, that's a sign.

2.) When I surf the web these days I more often than not hit the "view" drop-down menu to "make text bigger." Three times.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Awww...don't worry. My friend Erik pulled his back out just by reaching into a bag of potato chips. Now that's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! (I'm laughing about poor Erik.) Now, I'm a tad bit younger, but I once pulled a stomach muscle just climbing out of bed. It hurt so bad I thought I had appendicitis. That's sad.

    ReplyDelete