Saturday, November 03, 2007

The greatest musical ever

Tomorrow we are going to see my friend's kids in another fantastic musical production and best of all? This one is free! Whoo! We have seen them in several shows. Tomorrow's is a shortened version of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," which is among my top five (others being "Camelot," -- Richard Harris-style -- "Jesus Christ Superstar," -- Ted Neeley-style -- and apparently anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber [EXCEPT "Les Miserable" and "Cats]," plus "Pippin" -- Ben Vereen-style). Anyway, in preparation for the show tomorrow I snagged the Donny version of Joseph from the library and made the whole family watch it tonight. I had to tell the whole story over again how my good friend, Andrea and I treated ourselves to a trip to Chicago to see the show after we graduated from grad school. We loved it then and my family LOVED it tonight. How could anyone not? It might be the best convergence ever of perfect story + perfect composer + perfect Mormom DREAMBOAT/or dreamboat in general! Be your own judge:

1 comment:

  1. The Rellim family owns this Donnie Osmond classic. We LOVE it! Enjoy your musical.

    ReplyDelete