Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Training Log: Week 4

Yesterday was Day 1.

Squats: 4 x 8 @125. Sooooo hard. Narrower stance for unracking and four teeny steps out because I keep bumping the rack.

Bench: 5 x 4 @85. Last set was AMRAPS and Pat told me I did 12. I know I have math problems when lifting but it did not seem like 12. Very happy in any event. Something clicked in practice and I felt like I was the most efficient with arching, legs, and using my back more than I've felt before. Increasing bench by 5lbs across all days.

Deadlifts: 6 x 3 @170 with minimal warmup because I was racing to get to work on time. I did 3 sets and went to work. Student was a no-show so I ran back to the Y and finished the sets in my street clothes.

I was wearing Northface pants that are made of some kind of rip-stop nylon-blend fabric. It has no give whatsoever. It got me thinking about what it might feel like to wear knee wraps and suits for geared lifting. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment