Saturday, May 13, 2023

Update

So proud of my husband and kids and their significant others (I would be Gary's significant other, in case my syntax causes confusion) who keep on keeping on in the face of joys and troubles of life.

Dear Husband: Down lots of pounds in body weight and old clothes. While sorting through 30 year old closet things he unearthed a treasure of marathon shirts that now fit him again. Disney, Las Vegas, Twin Cities, Lake Arbutus!, Grandma's, etc. He plugs away at work and keeps me laughing at home.

Dear Son: Graduated in December and promptly adopted a nuclear reactor of a dog, Duncan. WE TOLD HIM TO WAIT. Started a job in Feb., bought a new/used car for himself and bought an old/old house for Duncan.

Dear Daughter: Manager of T-Rex Cookies, bought a new/used car around the same time as her brother, moved into a nice apartment not far from our house, reads books like no one I know, and keeps me informed about shows I should check out. She knows what I like.

Dear Me: Working in a high school with teachers and students I love despite (or because of) the challenges that schools are today. It's hard there.


And I got a tattoo. HA! I said never. I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment