Saturday, January 08, 2005

18 miles done

I know that I said that one of my resolutions was to complain less about running but I meant for that resolution to go into effect in February. So here's some complaining: Why can't I have more of this going on during a couple long runs? 18 miles on a treadmill just plain stinks! I thought I could break it up and run six on three different machines just to fake myself out a little bit but the Y was jammed with people today. If I allowed myself a bathroom break I was sure someone would pounce on my treadmill. So I stayed put. Watched CNN a little. Tried a little self-hypnosis. Tried to listen to some music but Mr. Bickerson did not have the decency last night to load new music on the player for me. Most of his music choices for running are less than adequate. Rubberband Man is fine. Some of the KC and the Sunshine Band stuff is okay. Roll with the Changes (REO) is a great running song. But you can't run to The Trammps Disco Inferno and, in general, he just has way too much bad disco on the player.

No comments:

Post a Comment