Monday, January 23, 2006

I don't want a nanny anymore

I made a mega trip to Costco this morning. Since we were on vacation last week we held off doing any grocery shopping. Gary likes to play Let's See What Kind of Semi-Edible Meals We Create by Eating Up the Old Junk in Our Cupboards once a year or so. Impending vacation time is a good time to do it. So when we got back we needed grocery basics, household cleaning supplies, and a lifetime supply of toilet paper and paper towels. By the time I pushed the cart to the checkout lane I had really worked up a sweat. The clerk and I moved everything from one end of the conveyor belt to the other. I paid for it all, crammed it all in, under, and around the cart and stood there looking at that load and thinking that what I need is a sherpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment